Great films get us thinking.
They disrupt our current state-of-mind through its narrative; and push us to ponder on the things we may not have paid much attention before, like faith, happiness, relationship, and freedom.
Great films are made up of remarkable scenes.
They deliver captivating imageries that appeal to our dominant senses, connecting to us in a more visceral level.
I like to believe that the experience of watching beautiful scenes in a film resembles the effect a beautiful painting does to its gazer or a soulful performance of a singer to his audience.
Here’s my top 10 favorite film scenes of all time. I would’ve
1. HAL 9000 deactivation. Stanley Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey.
2.Yearning for affection. Wong Kar Wai’s In the Mood for Love.
3. Buddhist deity. Ron Fricke’s Samsara.
4. Dance of death. Ingmar Bergman’s The Seventh Seal.
5. Demonic walls. Roman Polanski’s Repulsion
6. The search. Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom
7. Manhattan bridge. Woody Allen’s…
View original post 2 more words