For the 16th week this year, a sequel tops the US box office. This time it’s Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, though trailed closely by Johnny Depp awards hopeful Black Mass. New entry Everest also makes the chart, though Captive falls just outside.
Last week’s chart topper The Perfect Guy fell down to fourth place, while Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation is still there after eight weeks.
US Box Office Chart: 18th – 24th September, 2015
- Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials – $37.69m
- Black Mass – $31.10m
- The Visit – $14.51m
- The Perfect Guy – $12.41m
- Everest – $10.04m
- War Room – $8.89m
- A Walk In the Woods – $4.16m
- Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation – $3.07m
- Straight Outta Compton – $2.60m
- Grandma – $2.17m