Jennifer Lawrence, star of The Hunger Games, has topped Forbes’ annual list of the highest paid actresses in the world, with earning of $52 million between July 2014 and June 2015. As well as breaking records in Lionsgate’s adventure film series, several notable roles have also contributed to her fortune, as she balances critically acclaimed drama with high budget blockbusters.
Scarlett Johansson is the somewhat surprising second place, earning over $35 million last year, though this will be largely due to the billion dollar grossing Age of Ultron. Melissa McCarthy also makes the list, while Chinese star Bingbing Fan comes in at fourth, ahead of Angelina Jolie.
Their earnings compared to the men is noticeable, but this is hardly news any more.
The full list is below.
- Jennifer Lawrence – $52 million
- Scarlett Johansson – $35.5 million
- Melissa McCarthy – $23 million
- Bingbing Fan – $21 million
- Jennifer Aniston – $16.5 million
- Julia Roberts – $16 million
- Angelina Jolie – $15 million
- Reese Witherspoon – $15 million
- Anne Hathaway – $12 million
- Kristen Stewart – $12 million
- Cameron Diaz – $11 million
- Gwyneth Paltrow – $9 million
- Meryl Streep – $8 million
- Amanda Seyfried – $8 million
- Sandra Bullock – $8 million
- Emma Stone – $6.5 million
- Mila Kunis – $6.5 million
- Natalie Portman – $6 million