Sony has announced a catalogue of release dates for 16 of its upcoming titles, including remakes of Ghostbusters and Jumanji, plus two Bad Boys sequels.
Neither Will Smith nor Martin Lawrence are confirmed for Bad Boys 3 or 4, but that hasn’t stopped the studio slating them in for February 2017 and July 2019. Other sequels include Resident Evil 6 and Underworld 5. Meanwhile the first part of Stephen King’s The Dark Tower adaptation will hit screens in January 2017.
Paul Feig’s Ghostbusters is perhaps one of the most eagerly anticipated movies of 2016, so there’s no surprises to see it penciled in for a big summer release in July 2016, while the little talked about Jumanji remake, for which no information has been released, is slated for Christmas Day 2016.
But there’s also no shortage of awards contenders, as Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence sci-fi starrer Passnegers has been set for December 21st 2016 while musical remake The Magnificent Seven has a September 29th date – clearly they have already prioritised.
The full release schedule is below (all dates are US):
- Money Monster – 4th August 2016
- The Shallows – 24th June 2016
- Ghostbusters – 15th July 2016
- Patient Zero – 2nd September 2016
- The Magnificent Seven – 23rd September 2016
- Underworld 5 – 21st October 2016
- Passengers – 21st December 2016
- Jumanji – 25th December 2016
- The Dark Tower – 13th January 2017
- Resident Evil 6 – 27th January 2017
- Bad Boys 3 – 17th February 2017
- Baby Driver – 17th March 2017
- Barbie – 2nd June 2017
- Uncharted – 30th June 2017
- The Lamb – 8th December 2017
- Bad Boys 4 – 3rd July 2019