In one of the most surprising weeks this year at the box office, Age of Ultron has been pushed down to third by new releases Pitch Perfect 2 and Mad Max: Fury Road. The musical comedy scooped an impressive $87 million in its first week, while the much hyped Fury Road earned itself over $63 million.
Far From the Madding Crowd creeped into the top ten, up five places from last week and pushing horror Unfriended down the list. Woman in Gold and Cinderella also find themselves outside the top ten.
Box Office Chart: 15th – 21st May, 2015
- Pitch Perfect 2 – $87.49m
- Mad Max: Fury Road – $63.44m
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – $50m
- Hot Pursuit – $7.72m
- Furious 7 – $4.76m
- The Age of Adaline – $4.61m
- Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 – $4.49m
- Home – $3.37m
- Ex Machina – $3.11m
- Far From the Madding Crowd – $1.83m